- Successful completion of a first degree in human medicine or dentistry
- Successful completion of a master’s program in natural sciences
- Successful completion of an equivalent course of study at a recognized educational institution in Austria or abroad, which provides the conditions for participating in the PhD programs at Innsbruck Medical University.
- Citizen from Austria and EU- citizen must submit their complete documents until 16.04 in the summer term and 16.11 in the winter term.
- Non- EU and EWR citizen have to submit their complete documents until 05.02 in the summer term and 05.09 in the winter term.
- Apostille: Documents / certificates issued in one of the member states of the Hague Authentication Convention must only be authenticated by apostille applied by the competent authority in that Country.
- No authentication for countries with bilateral agreements
- Double authentication (diplomatic authentication): In the case of all other countries, the authentication of documents must be performed in a strictly sequential order. The Austrian representative authority in the country where the original documents have been issued must always be the final authentication authority.
Admission to PhD
Please submit the following documents to the Admission Office in person:
- Application for Admission
- Application for Change
- 1.st, 2.nd and 3.rd Thesis Committee Meeting
- Final Thesis Committee Meeting
- Application to exclude PhD Thesis
- Form: recognizing foreign academic credits (before WS 2015/16)
- Form: recognizing foreign academic credits (after WS 2015/16)
- Form: recognizing foreign academic credits (after WS 2018/19)
- Guideline for PhD Students at the MUI (2018)
- Credit Calculator (before WS 2015/16)
- Credit Calculator (after WS 2015/16)
- Credit Calculator (after WS 2018/19)
- Submission - PhD thesis
- Proposal for Defensio
- Bibliography in PhD Theses
- Infoblatt: Refundierung Reisekosten PhD-PrüferInnen
- Travel expenses - PhD Thesis Defensio
- Richtlinie Anrechnung ECTS
- Urheberrechtliche Probleme
Innsbruck PhD School for Biomedical Sciences
- ab WS 2019/20 PhD Curriculum (Studienplan)
- ab WS 2018/19 PhD Curriculum (Studienplan)
- PhD Curriculum (Studienplan) before WS 2018/19
- Directive of the Vice-Rector for Teaching and Study Matters – Innsbruck PhD School for Biomedical Sciences
- Richtlinie des Vizerektors für Lehre und Studienangelegenheiten – Innsbruck PhD School for Biomedical Sciences
- Festlegung zur Überstellung von Studierenden in den ab 01.10.2018 gültigen Studienplan des Doktoratsstudiums PhD/Doktor of Philosophy und des Doktoratsstudiums der klinisch-medizinischen Wissenschaft
- Regulation regarding the transition of students to the new Doctorate Diploma Programme in Medical Science (Doctor of Philosophy/PhD) curriculum (entering into force on Oct 1, 2018) and the Doctorate Diploma Programme in Clinical Medical Sciences (Doctor of Philosophy/PhD).
Students who were admitted to the Doctorate Diploma Programme in Medical Science (Doctor of Philosophy/PhD) or the Doctorate Diploma Programme in Clinical Medical Sciences (Doctor of Philosophy/PhD) before June 6, 2018, may file a request with the governing body responsible for study matters to be transferred to the new curriculum, entering into force on Oct 1, 2018. The application must be received by no later than Nov 30, 2018 at the Department of Teaching and Study Matters.
- Timely Application
- Positive opinion of the PhD supervisor regarding the progress of the PhD project.Please use the formhttps://www.i-med.ac.at/studium/services/stipendien.html
Only applications that arrive, at the latest, by November 25st 2019 (for winter term 2019/20) can be taken into consideration.
Univ.-Prof. Dr. Peter LoidlVice-Rector for Teaching and Study Matters
Mag. Brigitte Amtmann
Tel.: +43 (0)512/9003-70050
Fax: +43 (0)512/9003-73041
|MO||08.30 - 11.00|
|TU||12.00 - 14.00|
|WE||12.00 - 14.00|
|TH||08.30 - 11.00|
|FR||08.30 - 11.00|